Saturday 3 November 2012

The song of the midnight light

My lines write less and my heart feels more
Make my heart and lines beat together as one.
For in those midnight-light lands lies my dream.
Come, let me achieve it and live the rest as I wish.
Come take me away from you and me for I wish so.
And wish will I always.

Pull me away from these throngs. I go deeper into them every second.
Take me to a place where eyes can breathe.
Take me where my mind can see.
They say there is a light that never ebbs; a light that never bids farewell.
The never fading lights drive me towards them.
For as the seconds fade, I pray to be where only a few reside in mind and spirit.

I see beautiful faces leap for the sun as it offers its pleasantries.
For the lands are as pleasant as the Gods old.
With some lamb and cottage stew, my soul rests.
Let it rest now, now when the rest is all it needs.
For when it wakes, it shall die relentlessly.
Let it not die now. For it has many dying days yonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment