Tuesday 29 May 2012

My Inspiration


So, the question is, ‘Name one person who truly inspires you.’ And I think… At first, I feel nobody really inspires me but then I think again and the answer flashes back at me like a bolt of lightning. 

Now, I see images playing in front of me. The first image is that of a man, in his forties rocking on a chair and simultaneously reading a newspaper. His mind is enigmatic; nobody has ever gotten into the interiors of his brain. What he thinks, only he knows. He never lets you enter his mind, never lets you manipulate him. He’s not only smart but he’s more than smart. He thinks, he observes, he calculates and it never goes out of his system.

The second image that now plays is that of the same man. He’s now walking through a corridor, a long dingy one that leads to absolutely nowhere, but he walks and he walks endlessly. He trudges on not looking at his left or right and with a posture upright and again his mind is focused on what he wants. He wants it bad, but he’s patient. He has the ability to move on and move forward. He knows that the road he has taken is difficult, almost impossible but he moves on. Patience is a virtue known to only a few but he is one of them. Courage is a virtue which stays with only a few but I can proudly proclaim that he is one of them. The ability of getting things done the right way rests with only a selected and he is one of them.

As he moves on in the grimy, dingy, dimly lit corridor, he sees a door at the far end. He is curious but he doesn’t double up his pace. He keeps his cool. He walks forward. The door approaches but his mind is stable, unyielding and his excitement, shrouded. But then he opens the door and infinite rays hit his face and warm his skin. His face has a glow almost heavenly and I continue ogling at him as he attains his goal- his dream.

I see the spirit of human endeavour etched into his very soul. I see patience. I see courage. I see perseverance. I see all these traits bound together strongly and intrinsically in none other than my father, my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment